Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Am Vassal


1. As an acoustic artist is there one particular artist/band you look up to or find inspiration from?

"I really look up to Bright Eyes and Death Cab For Cutie. They both have such depth to they're lyrics and are so musically talented. I guess you could say they are my biggest inspiration."


2. You play guitar, are you self-taught?

"I am sort of self taught. My dad helped at first, but after awhile I just kinda took it and ran with it."


3. What is the meaning behind 'I am Vassal'?

"In the Medieval times when a peasant owed something to a noble they become a servant to their noble lord. They were then called a Vassal. I feel like I am a servant to my lord so I Am Vassal."


4. Do you play any other instruments?

"I can play piano or synth, bass, harmonica, drums, mandolin, banjo, and ukulele. I taught myself all of them, but I am best at guitar, bass, uke and piano."

5. What genre of music do you consider yourself?

"I don't really think genres are important. Music is a form of expression and you shouldn't classify that into different things. I wouldn't want to attract just a group that likes 'indie'' or 'acoustic' music. I want to attract people that like just music in general."

6. How would you describe your sound?

"The sound of my music is calm I guess. It is something you can listen to when you are just relaxing. I try to not make it boring, but not like full of energy, so I guess it is just relaxing."


7. What is one artist/band you would love to see in concert this year?

"I would love to see Death Cab if they do a tour."

8. What is your hope to accomplish in music?

"I just hope I can reach people with my lyrics. I want people to be able to relate to the words I sing. I would love to go as far as I can with it and if it happens then awesome, but if not then I will always use it for a way to get my emotions out."
9. What is your “Theme'' song right now?

"hmm... I honestly have no idea."
10. Where is your dream place to perform?

"I don't really have a single place I would love to perform. I guess I would like to play shows at like a House of Blues, but other than that there's no specific place."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello people... I'm assuming you have no clue who I am so for that reason here is a quick introduction:) I am the creator and writer of the Hear That Tune music section as well as the Teen Coordinator for the LCLS. Here you can see all of the most recent updates from our reviews to upcoming events. You can also find me @ Today's Teen as I am one of the entertainment writer's. :D