Monday, April 11, 2011

P!ATD Vices and Virtues



American alternative rock band Panic! at the Disco is back with their third studio Album Vices and Virtues.

The band was formed in 2004 in Las Vegas and hitting the music world in 2005 with the release of their 'A Fever You Sweat Out' debut album with a unique Vaudeville style. Their album debyed at #6 on the Billboard Independent Album chart and #1 on the Billboard Top HeatSeekers chart, and the first single "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" winning the 2006 MTV Video of the Year award.

Changing their style with each album they came back in 2008 with an organic baroque style in the album 'Pretty Odd' which debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 chart and the first single off the album 'Nine in the Afternoon' was #44 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2008. This album was the counterpart to the bands 2005 'A fever youu can't Sweat Out'.

Now they bring their fans Vices and Virtues, released  March 2011 they resurrect that gorgeous and tempting Vaudeville style that they do so well, adding a litlle Gothic spin in the video for the first release 'The ballad of Mona Lisa'.  This is by far my favorite video and song from P!ATD, you can actually see and hear how far the band has come musically. With the chorus so catchy I can't help but over play it.



I advise fans of earlier P!ATD music and admirers of the bands Cobra Starship, Fall Out Boy, The Black Cards, VersaEmerge and My Chemical Romance You MUST download  'the Ballad of Mona Lisa' from iTUNES or hey have the extra cash then invest in the full album, it will be your spring addiction;)

And don't forget to check P!ATD new tour schedule for dates near you!
http://www.panicatthedisco.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello people... I'm assuming you have no clue who I am so for that reason here is a quick introduction:) I am the creator and writer of the Hear That Tune music section as well as the Teen Coordinator for the LCLS. Here you can see all of the most recent updates from our reviews to upcoming events. You can also find me @ Today's Teen as I am one of the entertainment writer's. :D