Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alex Calise Q&A

With songs in heavy rotation on several MTV and VH1 shows, featured in Blender Magzine and Guitar World, having 100,000 downloads in five days on Bit Torrent site and


FrostWire.com and circulating on thousands of different charting radio stations, and with her song “Morning Pill” in a One Tree Hill promo… This girls going far fast.


Check out her new song “Break Me” and tell the Orlando Hit station 106.7 and Rock 101.1 to Play Alexx Calise!

1. Who are your biggest musical influences?
I’m a huge fan of silverchair, The Toadies, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Stone Temple Pilots, Buckcherry, and Johnny Lang.
2. If you could collaborate with an artist who would it be?

I would love to collaborate with Daniel Johns of silverchair. He’s a brilliant songwriter, and an extraordinary vocalist and guitar player. I finally had the opportunity to see him perform live out here in LA a few years ago (silverchair are Australian and don’t tour the US often), and I was completely blown away. I think that if given the opportunity, we could create something monstrous.


3. Is there a song on the radio that you think is massively over-played? If so, which one?
Probably “Bad Romance” by Lady GaGa. However, I don’t mind. At least it’s not insipid, vacuous drivel. I think her music is delightfully weird and interesting.

4. Did you write the lyrics for this album?

Yes, I always write the lyrics for all my albums. That’s a huge stipulation of mine because I’m a writer first and foremost.


Lyrics to me are the most important and intimate elements of a song, and I just wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t at least have a hand in their creation.
5. Is there one place you love to perform at, or would love to perform at in the future?

I would love to perform at Madison Square Garden with my father on bass (he’s a sick player). That’s always been a dream of his, and I’d like to make that a reality for him someday soon. He is, after all, the one who inspired me to pick up my instrument. It’s only fair.

6. If you had to describe your album in one word what would you say?

Rocktronica!


7. What do you want to accomplish through your music?


Well, like any artist, I hope to inspire as many people as possible through my music. A lot of bands have helped me get through some pretty dark times over the years, so I’m hoping that my music will also do the same for others.


I would like to tour more extensively as well. International touring in particular would be amazing because I’ve unfortunately never been outside of the States.

8. What is your must-have junk food?
Red velvet cake, hands down. Whenever I pass by red velvet cake in the grocery store, it takes everything not to snatch it up right then and there and scarf it down. It’s that good. Damn you, red velvet cake. Damn you



9. If you could change one thing about society today what would it be?


Well, there are loads of things I’d like to see changed, but one big thing I notice is that we are extremely divided on a political level in this country. Without being too specific, I do believe a lot of people (on both sides) are quick to point the finger at everyone else instead of accepting responsibility for his or her actions or offering to help fix the problem. If everyone had a dialogue with each other instead of a monologue, they’d probably see that most everyone is somewhat on the same page, and they may even have similar ideals.



10. Is there anything additional you would like to tell the readers about yourself? (have tattoos, vegetarian… ect)


Well, contrary to my onstage persona, I’m actually quite shy and introverted, I’m double jointed, I’m a total bookworm, I don’t have any tattoos (shockingly), and I also own a business aside from my music career. I know, I’m just full of surprises…:
www.AlexxCalise.com/media

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello people... I'm assuming you have no clue who I am so for that reason here is a quick introduction:) I am the creator and writer of the Hear That Tune music section as well as the Teen Coordinator for the LCLS. Here you can see all of the most recent updates from our reviews to upcoming events. You can also find me @ Today's Teen as I am one of the entertainment writer's. :D